Avalon University School of Medicine
Avalon University School of Medicine (AUSOM), in the past called Xavier University School of Medicine, situated in Curacao. The premed educational cost is $4800 per semester, basic science educational cost is $6500 per semester, and on the other hand, clinical Science educational cost is $7,700 per semester. Avalon University School of Medicine’s quickened clinical program designed to get ready students to becoming perfect practicing doctors in Canada, the United States, and around the globe.
With English being the language of guidance and appraisals, their educational program designed according to U.S. clinical schools. The initial 16 months will be rolling around picking up the basic science information in preparation for an energizing experience during the clinical science years. The objective of the clinical program is to construct the essential establishment for licensure and also to be in the best situation to get a residency position after graduating.
The Admissions Committee of Avalon University School of Medicine utilizes a moving admission strategy; along these lines, they review and accept applications on a progressing basis. Foreign students requiring a visa to travel should provide their filled application form at least 4 or 5 months preceding the beginning of the semester they wish to apply for medical. Besides this, North American nationals and applicants, not requiring a visa to travel so, they should apply at least 2-3 months preceding the beginning of their picked semester.
A complete application to Avalon University School of Medicine should be broad of the following:
- AUSOM application form
- Official Transcripts
- Personal statement note
- A nonrefundable application fee of U.S. $50.00
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Digital photo
Some factors that are necessary during our admissions process are letters of recommendation, personal essay, academic records, and commitment to the profession and the public.
4-year M.D. Program requirements
When a student applying for the 4-year M.D. program, an applicant must have some following factors:
- A minimum of 90 credit hours of college coursework completed
- Including the premedical coursework preferred but not a requirement
- A bachelor’s degree
- MCAT scores not required for consideration
- Admissions Committee may require a TOEFL or IELTS test scores from any applicant
- Submit a criminal background check
5-year Premed/M.D. Program requirements
Moreover, when a student applying for the 5-year Premed/M.D. Program, an applicant is required to have the following documents and factors
- A secondary school /high school diploma
- But if an applicant has not completed secondary school /high school, then the student should come within six months of graduating from their secondary school /high school before starting the application.