ELAM (Latin American School of Medicine) Cuba
ELAM (Latin American School of Medicine) possesses a high priority for Cuban citizens and the Cuban government. The previous decades have seen that Cuba increase its worldwide reputation for its promise to invest in medical education.ELAM (Latin American School of Medicine) Cuba built up in 1999 and worked by the Cuban government. It viewed as one of the biggest clinical schools in the prominent part of the Cuban healthcare system and also in the world. Since its top of the line of 2005, ELAM (Latin American School of Medicine) has graduated a vast number of doctors from low-solar communities. Mostly enrolled global students from outside Cuba, and most of them come from Latin America and the Caribbean as well as Asia, Africa, and the United States of America.
Admission Procedure and Requirements
The Cuban government offers a new Student yearly entry to the Elam (Latin American School of Medicine). The application for ELAM submitted handled through the certify Cuban discretionary missions in the student’s own country. The Cuban Embassy gives credible data about clinical programs in Cuba. Candidates will be deliberately selected by the IFCO Medical School Advisory Committee, based on transcripts, letters of reference, applications, interviews, etc. Last admissions decisions will be made by the Cuban Ministry of Public Health and executives of the Latin American School of Medicine.
To get admission, a student must have completed the following courses:
- One year of Chemistry with lab (General Chemistry I and II also with labs work)
- Also, one year of Biology with lab (Biology I and II even with labs work)
- One year of Physics with lab (Physics I and II also with labs work)
- One year of Organic Chemistry with lab (Organic Chemistry I and II also with labs work)
The application procedure designed in such a way that it provides opportunities to people from economically low-class families. So, to get a chance into the university, the following requirements should be provided
- College diploma
- College transcripts
- One of these two records should accompany the stamp of the Ministry of Education from your home country, or the International Relations Department also from your home country, or Cuban in the embassy in your nation.
- Secondary school graduates or hold a bachelor’s (BS or BA) degree from their own country of origin
- Birth certificate/ CNIC copy
- Certificate of Health including a pregnancy test and HIV test
- Willing to abide by ELAM regulations and rules
- Able to pass initial assessments tests
- Age should be between the range of 18 and 25 years old when they apply
- Be mentally and physically fit to seek medical studies
- No, criminal Records or should be clear
- A complete filled Scholarship application form
- Six photos 2cmx2cm (Registrar’s Office) and Five photos 3cmx3cm (International Relations)
- Documents for registration required for filing at the Registrar’s Office to get enrolled in Cuba medical school
Usually when admissions opened in College
Usually, admissions opened, and application cycle begins on September 30th, and applications are due March 15th of the coming year.
Student life in University:
The Cuban schools underline cooperative rather than aggressive learning it means ELAM (Latin American School of Medicine) Cuba has littler class (as far as size), visits oral tests, and includes deep tutoring to help all students succeed. All students go through their initial three years of study on ELAM’s campus. During these years, the educational plan centres on incorporating some practicum opportunities in neighbourhood clinics and basic clinical sciences. First-year students need to follow an innovative program called “morpho-physiology,” which absorbs different basic sciences to enlarge learning.
From the third year onwards, students situated at one of Cuba’s 21 educating medical clinics. In this advanced era of study, laboratory studies and classrooms assisted through supervised medical practicum work at the medical clinic wards. The 6th year of clinical research is the internship year. This is when students total turns in obstetrics/gynaecology, internal, medication, paediatrics, medical procedure, surgery, and general medicines.