Georgetown American university
Georgetown American university, a private organization of higher education, situated in the capital of Guyana, Georgetown. University established in 2013 as a component of the Caribbean activity to expand the number of international students coming to seek after medical studies. As of now, the college gives degrees in Premedical Science and medication. After that premed education cost is $2500 per semester, pre-medical Science is $4500 per semester, and medical Science is $4,400 per semester.
Applicants accepted three times per year, for January, May and September trimesters. Students can apply online at the official website of Georgetown American university. So, after the admission offices receive a full application (associated documents and application form), the academic committee will process the application within ten (10) business days. While the academic committee will accept a copy of the transcript to conduct the students’ evaluation, an original transcript must be sent to the Georgetown American university administration office before the student will be allowed to commence classes.
All candidates are given genuine consideration by the Admission Committee, which comprises senior employees. A variety of elements considered during the preselection procedure:
- College Diploma
- College Transcript
- USA: SAT scores equal to 1110 or more than
- Caricom: 6 CSEC Subjects (2 Science, Mathematics, English) Grades I – III
- Commonwealth: 6 GSCE Subjects (2 Science, Mathematics, English) Grades 9 – 4 or equivalence
- Further, personal Essay expressing your interest in studying Medicine
- Also, 2 Letters of Recommendation from professionals in the field of Science who are aware of your interest in becoming a doctor
- IELTS score of 6.0 OR TOEFL score of 60 (if applicable)
Doctor of Medicine Program
- Undergraduate GPA with at least 2.7 from a recognized university or college, or
- University/College 90 credit hours with the completion of the following courses:
- English – 1 semester
- Chemistry – 2 semesters
- Biology – 2 semesters
- Physics – 1 semester
- Maths -1 semester,0r
- MCAT score of >500 or,
- GAU pre-medical program certification of completion
Student life in University:
At Georgetown American University, they urge their students to create themselves and plan for the future by becoming progressively self-aware. Moreover, they cultivate an environment of long-lasting learning and polished methodology. Students who are studying at the University show the most significant levels of academic performance, and also they have the chance to collaborate intellectually among themselves, teachers, and different specialists in the University. Students also utilize the most recent cutting-edge innovation to lead anatomical research, and their work routinely submitted to perceived clinical diaries.